Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 15, 2014, Analogous Color Study - G, YG, Y, YO, O

Decided to move onto working analogous colors last night and decide green, yellow-green, yellow, yellow-orange, and orange would be the five analogous colors I'd work with. I know we can work with fewer and perhaps tonight I'll pick three colors from another side of the color wheel and give it a go.

This was very challenging for a while, the colors quickly got away from me and I ended up green and orange competing too much for attention. Near the end of the night I finally decided to favor orange and let the green go a bit. Even though there appears to be blue added - there was no blue used.

But the orange is too overpowering.

Color palette included:
Phthalocyanine Green
Primary Yellow
Cadmium Orange Hue
Titanium White
Mars Black

All photos are Liquitex Acrylic paint shot with a Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone.


January 15, 2014, Analogous Color Study (18x24)

No comments:

Post a Comment