Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 1, 2014, Waterfall

Happy New Year!

Here's the first painting in 2014. I have to confess, it isn't finished but I have decided to spend my time moving forward from painting to painting as opposed to spending great deals of time bringing a work to completion. Last year I tried to do a painting a day but I kept getting waylaid by thinking and obsessing too much on one idea. I'd rather leave something unfinished, and move on, then spend a month trying to figure out how to finish something and then end up over-working it.

Finished last night, posted today. It's an abstraction of a waterfall.

Color palette included:
Phthalocyanine Green
Phthalocyanine Blue
Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue
Cadmium Orange Hue
Naphthol Crimson
Titanium White
Mars Black

All photos are Liquitex Acrylic paint shot with a Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone.


January 1, 2014, Waterfall (18x24)

No comments:

Post a Comment