Saturday, January 11, 2014

January 10, 2014, White Key Color Study

"Meh...", is about all I can say about this. Question is, should I try another study and come up with a better resolution or should I not worry about it. Actually, I ask myself about that with every study I've done this year and last. I think where this got out of hand is from the very beginning, when I decided to use all 6 primary and secondary colors. In my more successful studies I pick fewer colors that will work well together and I allow one or two to become more dominant. The more colors you work with, the more they compete for attention and the harder finding balance becomes. That's what happened here. White Key Color Study is a study in futility. And it isn't really even white either.

Color palette included:
Titanium White
Cadmium Orange Hue
Primary Blue
Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue
Dioxazine Purple
Naphthol Crimson
Phthalocyanine Green

All photos are Liquitex Acrylic paint shot with a Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone.


January 10, 2014, White Key Color Study (18x24)

No comments:

Post a Comment