Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Analogous Cool Colors Study, V, B-V, B, B-G, G, Unfinished

My first two analogous color studies didn't work out so well, but I think I understand why. First, there was no one dominate color with subordinate colors. The colors were used as equals and when colors are used that way they tend to fight each other.

With this study the green started overwhelming the blue, blue-green, blue-violet and violet so I decided to develop green as the dominant color leaving the others to either be subordinate or accent colors.

I think with more time this would have been really cool... get it?... ..."cool"...

Color palette included:
Deep Violet
Primary Blue
Phthalocyanine Green
Titanium White
Mars Black 

All photos are Liquitex Acrylic paint shot with a Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone.


Analogous Cool Colors Study, V, B-V, B, B-G, G, January 20, 2014 (18x24)

No comments:

Post a Comment