Wednesday, February 19, 2014

No Black or White study with Yellow

Decided to remove the use of black or white from my palette Monday night and make my key focus color yellow. I wanted to remove my dependence on black and white to see if I could pull colors together and make them work. So far... not so much...

I started with yellow - adding orange and red straight from the tube and in small amounts, mixed in with the yellow. Purple comes in as the compliment I can use to make a brown to help separate colors, but then things went off track when I added green and blue - just too many colors! Near the end of the night I ended up with the orange fighting too much for attention. Oh well, I knew that was happening and I let it happen. I think I'll do a "no" black or white study with blue tonight and see what happens.

Color palette included:
Primary Yellow
Cadmium Orange Hue
Naphthol Crimson
Primary Blue
Deep Violet
Phthalocyanine Green

All photos are Liquitex Acrylic paint shot with a Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone.


No Black or White study with Yellow - February 17, 2014 (18x24) 

No comments:

Post a Comment