Monday, September 2, 2013

Daily Painting: September 1

I've decided to do a painting a day for the month of September. The paintings will not be named but a dated will be assigned for the day corresponding to when they were created. This first one was finished last night, September 1st. It's a simple exploration of color beginning with compliments: yellow and purple but eventually moved completely away from purple and yellow becomes a minor player against blue and orange.

All photos are Liquitex Acrylic paint shot with a Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone.


September 1, 2013 (18x24)

Even though I have no subject - no preconceived ideas - before I begin painting, when I come near the conclusion I can't help but see some sort of a landscape coming out of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment