Monday, July 29, 2013

Homage to William De Kooning

While I was working on an homage to Richard Diebenkorn I was having problems expressing the influence of his style on mine. After a few days I gave up and decided to start over with the painting, following another big influence on my art - William De Kooning. The inspiration for this painting is Pink Angels, 1945 by William De Kooning. I also enjoy his Women series although many consider these paintings too masochistic. I, however, am not a masochist, and there is no female form in this image. It is simply a fun excruciating long exploration of colors, shapes, line and movement.

All photos are Liquitex Acrylic paint shot with a Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone.


Homage to William De Kooning (18x24)

More information on William De Kooning. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willem_de_Kooning

No comments:

Post a Comment