Monday, January 14, 2013

Landscape Series: Winter 2012

After I completed the Hue Series I switched gears from abstract to realistic imagery. And even though I have a french easel I decided to scour the web for high-res photos to work from. I feel mixed about these results. Typically I work abstractly at first and don't have a preplanned path for the painting to take. I place color on the canvas and step back to see what it is. I never think about nudes, landscapes, still-life's or anecdotes. I see the surface like a child that needs me to guide it in the direction it needs to go to realize whatever it is going to be. And if it just happened to become a nude, landscape, still-life or anecdote then that was what it wanted me to help it be.

All photos are Liquitex Acrylic paint shot with a Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone.


Rapids


 Stone Slabs


 Three Trees


Three Birch Trees


 Paper Birch


Two Birches

No comments:

Post a Comment